Tom Cruise Biography- Tom Cruise is an award-winning American actor and film producer best known for films in the ‘Mission: Impossible’ film series in which he played secret agent Ethan Hunt. He is considered one of the biggest movie stars in the United States and was Hollywood’s highest paid actor in 2012. (Tom Cruise Bio)
Born in New York to an abusive father and raised in poverty, his early life had nothing to suggest. That one day he would become one of the most famous actors in the world. Even as a teenager, Cruise dreamed of becoming a priest, not an actor. However, destiny had other plans for him and he found himself playing a minor role in the film ‘Endless Love’ at the age of 19. (Tom Cruise Biography)
He realized that acting came naturally to him and decided to take acting seriously as a career. He appeared in several supporting roles over the next few years before securing his first leading role in the romantic comedy ‘Risk Business’. Stunningly beautiful and blessed with childish charm, it didn’t take her long to storm Hollywood and soon established herself as an A-list star. His popularity reached new heights when he got the role of secret agent Ethan Hunt in the ‘Mission: Impossible’ film series. (Tom Cruise Bio)
Childhood and Early Life
- He was born as Thomas Cruise Mapother IV in Syracuse, New York, the son of Mary Lee and Thomas Cruise Mapother III. His father was an abusive man who would often beat up young Tom on the slightest excuse.
- The family moved to Canada when his father got a job in the Canadian Armed Forces. However, his parents broke up within a few years and Tom Cruise moved to the U.S. with his mother and sisters.
- He became involved in drama as a schoolboy and was encouraged by his teachers, who felt that the boy was naturally gifted with acting abilities. (Tom Cruise Biography)
- During his teenage years he dropped the idea of becoming a priest and decided to try his hand at an acting career. He moved to New York and managed to land a small role at the age of 19 in the 1981 film ‘Endless Love’.
- After playing small roles in a few more films, he landed the role of Joel Goodson in the romantic comedy ‘Risk Business’ in 1983. The film became a huge hit, and Tom Cruise, with his chocolate-boy good looks, became the heartbeat of millions. American Girls. The film also became a huge success, cementing his reputation as a superstar. (Tom Cruise Bio)
see also Ariana Grande Biography- wiki, age, career, education, personal life
- His success story continued in the late 1980s with films such as ‘The Color of Money’ (1986), ‘Cocktail’ (1988), ‘Rain Man’ (1988), and ‘Born on the Fourth of July’ (1989). continued together.
- In the early 1990s he shared the screen frequently with actress Nicole Kidman, whom he married in 1990. The real-life couple co-starred as lovers in films such as “Days of Thunder” (1990) and “Far and Away” (1992).
- The plot follows Agent Hunt and his mission to uncover the mole that has framed him for the murders of his entire team. The film was a huge success at the box office and spawned several sequels. (Tom Cruise Biography)
- He was a highly bankable and popular star in the late 1990s and 2000s with films such as ‘Eyes Wide Shut’ (1999), ‘Vanilla Sky’ (2001), ‘Minority Report’ (2002), ‘The Last Samurai’ Remained as it is. 2003), ‘Collaterals’ (2004), ‘War of the Worlds’ (2005), and ‘Lions for Lambs’ (2007). Some of his more recent films are ‘Rock of Ages’ (2012), ‘Jack Reacher’ (2012), ‘Oblivion’ (2013), and ‘Edge of Tomorrow’ (2014).
- In 2017, she starred in the horror film ‘The Mummy’. The film was a reboot of Boris Karloff’s 1932 film of the same name. (Tom Cruise Biography)
- The war drama film ‘Born on the Fourth of July’ (1989) is one of his most famous films. His portrayal of Ron Kovic in the film earned Cruise an Academy Award nomination. The film was a success both critically and commercially. (Tom Cruise Bio)
see also Michael Jordan Biography – Childhood, Career, Personal life, Awards and Achievements
- Tom Cruise is best known for playing secret agent Ethan Hunt in the films ‘Mission: Impossible’, a series of action spy thriller film based on the television series of the same name. The series is the 17th highest-grossing film series of all time, grossing over $2 billion, and has helped maintain Cruise’s superstar status over the years.
Awards and Achievements
- Tom Cruise is the recipient of three Golden Globe Awards, including Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – ‘Born on the Fourth of July’ in 1990 and Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy/Musical in 1997. For ‘Jerry Maguire’.
- He received an Award of Excellence from the National Mentoring Partnership in 2003 for his work with the organization. (Tom Cruise Biography)
- He received the ‘Special David’ of the David Di Donatello Awards in 2005.
- In 2011, Cruz was awarded a Humanitarian Award from the Simon Wiesenthal Center and Museum of Tolerance for his work as a dedicated philanthropist. (Tom Cruise Bio)
- Tom Cruise, who overcame dyslexia as a youth, became a founding board member for the Hollywood Education and Literacy Project, which helped students learn how to read and be successful.
- He has worked at the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, Friars Foundation, H.E.L.P. and has supported many charitable organizations including the Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation. (Tom Cruise Biography)
Family and Personal Life
- Tom Cruise married actress Mimi Rogers in May 1987. Rogers introduced Cruise to Scientology, and he became an outspoken advocate of the Church of Scientology. However, their marriage ended in February 1990.
- In December 1990, he married actress Nicole Kidman. The couple adopted two children, but this marriage also ended in divorce. (Tom Cruise Bio)
see also Dwayne Johnson Biography- wiki, age, career, education, etc..
- On 18 November 2006, he married for the third time to Katie Holmes. They have a daughter together.
|for more details||Read More|