Jeff Bezos Biography- Jeff Bezos is an American technology entrepreneur and the founder of e-commerce giant Amazon.com. Born to Jacqueline Giese and Ted Jorgensen, he was adopted by Cuban immigrant Miguel Bezos after his mother married him. (Jeff Bezos Bio)
As a child, he spent his summers at his grandfather’s Texas farm laying pipes, vaccinating cattle, and fixing windmills. He attended Miami Palmetto Senior High School and earned his B.Sc. Graduated from Princeton University with a ‘Summa cum Laude’ degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. He worked on Wall Street at companies such as Fitel, Bankers Trust and D. E. Shaw & Co, New York. he decided to leave the field of finance. (Jeff Bezos Biography)
He founded Amazon.com, an online book store, and later introduced features including one-click shopping, customer reviews, and e-mail order verification. They expanded this to include many other items including clothing, CDs, toys, jewellery, watches, electronics and footwear. (Jeff Bezos Bio)
It is constantly improving its web site, and providing better features to its customers. His childhood dream of space travel led to the founding of Blue Origin, an aerospace company developing technology to offer space travel to customers. The Bloomberg Billionaires Index listed Bezos as one of the richest people in the world, with an estimated net worth of $28 billion. (Jeff Bezos Biography)
Childhood and Early Life
- Jeff Bezos was born on 12 January 1964 to Jacqueline Giese and Ted Jorgensen. His mother’s ancestors were settlers living in Texas, and they owned 25,000 acres of agricultural land near Kotulla for generations.
- Bezos’s mother was a teenager when she married her father. After her marriage with Ted Jorgensen ended, she married Miguel Bezos, a Cuban immigrant who attended the University of Albuquerque.
see also Stephen Curry Biography
- After marriage, Miguel Bezos legally adopted Jeff. The family then moved to Houston, Texas, where Miguel became an engineer for Exxon. Jeff attended River Oaks Elementary School, Houston, from fourth to sixth grade. (Jeff Bezos Biography)
- The Bezos family moved to Miami, Florida. He attended Miami Palmetto Senior High School. He also participated in the Student Science Training Program at the University of Florida and received the Silver Knight Award in 1982. (Jeff Bezos Bio)
- He worked in the summer. In June 1984, he took a summer job as a programmer/analyst in Norway, and the following year, he reformed the IBM program in California.
- He served as president of the Princeton Students for Space Exploration and Development. In 1986, he graduated summa cum laude with B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
- After graduation, he worked at several firms on Wall Street, such as the Fitel Bankers Trust, and the investment firm D.E. Shaw. (Jeff Bezos Biography)
- He joined D. E. Shaw & Co, New York in 1990. He became the youngest Vice President there. His career in finance was extremely lucrative, but he decided to quit after four years.
- In 1995, he founded Amazon.com, an online bookstore. Market analysts were initially skeptical about its success in comparison to traditional stores, but it soon outperformed its competitors. In 1997, the company went public
- Over time, Amazon began to diversify its portfolio. In 1998, it began offering CDs and videos, and in 2002, it added clothing to its portfolio.
- They also launched an online sporting goods store that offers 3,000 different brands.
- In the year 2007, Amazon introduced the Kindle, a handheld electronic reading device that uses e-ink to render text with an adjustable font size to enhance the ease of reading.
- In 2010, Amazon signed a deal with The Wylie Agency, which gave Amazon the digital rights to the authors’ works. Publishers were sidelined, and they got angry. However, readers and sales increased, which benefited the writers. (Jeff Bezos Biography)
see also Steve Jobs Biography- wiki, Childhood, career, Facts
- Competing with the Apple iPad, Bezos introduced the Kindle Fire, a color touch screen mini tablet computer. With the Kindle Paperwhite, Amazon brought comfort and convenience to e-readers with an illuminated touchscreen, which enables reading in the dark.
- He launched Amazon Studios in addition to Amazon Local, LivingSocial and Amazon Web Services. Amazon plans to offer television programs through an online video service. (Jeff Bezos Bio)
- On August 5, 2013, he purchased The Washington Post and other publications affiliated with The Washington Post Company for $250 million in cash, marking the end of four generations of rule by the Graham family.
- In December 2013, Bezos unveiled an experimental initiative called Amazon Prime Air that uses a drone capable of carrying a weight of up to 5 pounds, and traveling 10 miles, to provide delivery services to customers. (Jeff Bezos Biography)
- Bezos has played a key role in the growth and development of e-commerce. He founded Amazon.com, an online book store, in 1995. The company has revolutionized online shopping by introducing innovative features like one-click shopping, customer reviews and e-mail order verification. (Jeff Bezos Biography)
- In 2004, he founded Blue Origin, an aerospace company developing technologies to offer space travel to customers, kept it secret until land was purchased to build a launch and test facility. Kept.
Awards and Achievements
- He was also chosen as one of America’s best leaders by US News & World Report.
- In 2011, The Economist presented an Innovation Award for the Amazon Kindle to Bezos and Greg Zahr.
- In December 2012, the National Retail Federation named Amazon as the top retailer of the year, and awarded them the Gold Medal award, given to an individual who has rendered distinguished service to the industry.
see also Leonardo DiCaprio Biography- wiki, career, Awards & Achievements
- This innovator funded an expedition that recovered two powerful Saturn V first-stage F-1 rocket engines from the Atlantic Ocean in July 2013, identified as belonging to the S-1C stage of the Apollo 11 mission.
|for more details||Read More|