Demi Lovato Biography- Demi Lovato is one of the few artists who have managed to earn a huge reputation in the film industry as well as the music world at a really young age. From being a mere starlet in a few “Disney” productions to becoming one of the most celebrated singers and actresses of today, Lovato has come a long way. (Demi Lovato Bio)
In addition to garnering praise for her roles in films like ‘Camp Rock’, Demi has proven her skills as a singer through albums such as ‘Unbroken’, ‘Don’t Forget’ and ‘Here We Go Again’. Many of his songs have become chartbusters and have topped music charts like ‘Billboard 200’ and are popular in countries like New Zealand and Syria apart from not only the United States of America. (Demi Lovato Biography)
The actress credits the success of her musical endeavors to contemporary pop icons such as Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson and Christina Aguilera, who influenced her through their styles of music. Without focusing solely on her career and personal development, the celebrity is known to associate herself with charitable organizations such as ‘Pacer’ which works towards the rights of children who are victims of bullying. (Demi Lovato Bio)
Childhood & Early Life
- Demi Lovato was born on 20 August 1992 in Albuquerque, New Mexico to Patrick Martin Lovato and Diana Lee Hart. While his mother was the cheerleader of the American football team ‘Dallas Cowboys’, his father worked as an engineer and musician. (Demi Lovato Biography)
- Lovato was inclined towards the arts from a young age, and began learning to play the piano when she was barely seven years old. The young girl then experimented with the guitar at the age of 10 and even took lessons in singing as well as dancing during the same period.
- Soon after, she got the opportunity to play the role of Angela in the popular television series aimed at children named ‘Barney and Friends’. (Demi Lovato Bio)
- During the year 2006, Lovato made a guest appearance in the acclaimed television series ‘Prison Break’ followed by a cameo in the television series ‘Just Jordan’.
- 2007 was one of the pivotal years in Demi’s career, as it was during this time that she grabbed one of the most important roles of her career. The actress was cast for the lead character Charlotte Adams in the first season of the American television series As the Bell Rings, which aired on Disney Channel.
- In the same year, he auditioned for two Disney Channel projects, a sitcom called Sonny with a Chance, as well as Camp Rock, and was selected for both these projects. ‘Camp Rock’ premiered in June 2008 and was well received by millions of viewers. (Demi Lovato Biography)
- Demi then ventured into singing and produced her own album titled ‘Don’t Forget’. The collection achieved both critical and commercial success. The album sold approximately 89,000 copies in its first week of release, and a total of 500,000 copies.
- The success of the album’s song ‘Here We Go Again’ prompted the celebrity to embark on a musical tour covering 40 cities in 2009.
see also Stan Lee Biography- Childhood, Career, Major Works, Awards & Achievements
- Lovato returned to the screen in 2010 through the sequel to her previous film, ‘Camp Rock’, titled ‘Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam’, in which she played Mitchie Torres, the same character he played in the original. was. , He has also lent his voice to four songs of this film.
- The singer and actress next starred in a comedy series titled ‘So Random’ released in 2011. However, the second season of the series did not see the light of day.
- After a short hiatus from music, Demi returned in 2011 with her album titled ‘Unbroken’. The album’s songs received mixed reviews from critics, but the single “Skyscraper” from the collection topped the “Billboard” countdown charts.
- In 2012, Demi became one of the judges on the singing reality show ‘The X-Factor’, where she reviewed the skills of several aspiring singers along with other contemporaries from the music industry such as Simon Cowell. (Demi Lovato Bio)
- Lovato released an album titled ‘Glee’ in the year 2013. The album turned out to be the best-selling album of the year and the tracks in the collection were considered infectious by music lovers. Apart from America, he also topped the music charts of various countries like New Zealand and Spain.
- The acclaimed singer also lent her voice to the soundtrack of the album The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones in the same year.
see also Elizabeth Smart Biography- Childhood, Family and Personal Life, etc…
- On February 9, 2014, they embarked on the ‘Neon Lights Tour’ to promote their fourth studio album titled ‘Demi’, which was released the previous year.
- In September 2014, the multi-talented artist forayed into the skincare business and announced her upcoming range of skincare products titled ‘Devon by Demi’. (Demi Lovato Biography)
- This celebrity is mainly known for her album ‘Don’t Forget’. The songs in this collection were not only chartbusters, but the album was also awarded a Gold certification by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The success of this album took Demi’s career to a great height. (Demi Lovato Bio)
Awards and Achievements
- Demi was honored with the ‘Choice Music Tour Award’ at the ‘Teen Choice Awards’ ceremony held in 2009.
His song ‘Skyscraper’ from the album won the award for ‘Best Video with a Message’ at the ‘MTV Video Music Awards’ ceremony in 2012. (Demi Lovato Biography)
Family & Personal Life
- Demi Lovato was home-schooled because of bullying at school. She associated herself with an organization called ‘Pacer’, which helps victims of bullying.
- Even when she was at the peak of her career, in 2010, Lovato was diagnosed with depression and an eating disorder. He sought medical help to solve the problem by admitting himself to a rehabilitation center.
- She made headlines for dating celebrities such as Joe Janas and Trace Cyrus during the same period.
In 2011, she returned from rehab to lead a sober lifestyle. She admitted to drug and alcohol abuse. He admitted to having used cocaine, and said that he had also smuggled cocaine in aeroplanes. She revealed that she had a nervous breakdown, and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder during her treatment.
- Demi was associated with ‘Free the Children’, which operates mainly in African countries such as Ghana, Kenya and Sierra Leone. (Demi Lovato Bio)
see also Shaquille O Neal Biography- Childhood, Career, Awards and Achievements
- She has confessed that she is religious and has advocated for the rights of gay people on several occasions.
- Another actress who started her career with Demi through the series ‘Barney and Friends’ was celebrity Selena Gomez. These two women later became good friends as well. (Demi Lovato Biography)
|for more details||Read More|